React vs React native: Key features,Pros & Cons - Dotnettricks
What is Reactjs?
After the release of this library, it turned out to be very prevalent due to its innovative approach to programming user interfaces. The same gives a tough competition to Angular, React, and other famous web development tools. Once you get familiar with Reactjs, you can become a successful react developer.
What is React Native?
Before the introduction of React Native, the app developers were using different tools for different platforms. With React Native, you can seamlessly create applications over multiple platforms. The modules covered in React Native Training helps you to gain full expertise in this framework.
Key features of Reactjs:
Blazing fast speed:
From a business viewpoint, one of the greatest aspects of Reactjs is its capability to provide blazing fast speed for the websites and applications through the DOM (Document Object Model). React makes an in-memory data structure cache that calculates the resultant differences. Subsequently, it updates the displayed DOM of the browser. The programmer works on writing the code in a way that the whole page is rendered on every change. Only the sub-components that are modified are rendered.
With the feature of Virtual DOM, the rendering mechanism becomes effective while the user is interacting with the UI, and it benefits better usability and allows the application to serve its purpose aggressively.
Large network of developer tools:
Reactjs comes with a large community of developers. These developers have created a huge network of tools, IDEs, component libraries, web browsers, extensions for code editors, and more.
The accessibility of a broad range of extensions and third-party tools explores innovative features. For that, it saves resources and time simultaneously. The innovations are powered by the community which makes Reactjs one of the famous choices for making cutting-edge apps and websites. When you attain a react js certification, you will gradually perceive the benefits of a huge network of developer tools.
There are so many developer tools are already there in a market that makes development, design, debugging so precisely so that the time and the performance of the application get reflected into higher productivity out of it.
Reactjs implements a component-based architecture that facilitates the reusability of components. Therefore, it saves a huge amount of time. Essentially, this architecture works on the individual segments of a bigger user interface. Moreover, it transforms them into an autonomous, self-sufficient micro-system.
Key features of React Native:
Smooth UI experience:
React Native comes with ready-to-use UI libraries. They are quite useful to developers for a smooth UI experience. The sharing of UI libraries like Expo, Shoutem, native base, and some others significantly save time otherwise spent on building them from scratch. The saving of time results in more emphasis on innovations.
One of the greatest key features of React Native that makes it popular is its ability to produce platform-specific code. This kind of code is useful to build websites and apps. When you use the React Native
When you use React Native for building an app, this framework automatically recognizes the platform on which it runs. Consequently, it produces the appropriate code for the relevant platform.
Easy learning curve:
Cons of Reactjs:
- Poor documentation
- More time for learning
- Covers only the UI Layers of the app
- Overhead expenses and time
- Long data hierarchy
Cons of React Native:
- Absence of native libraries
- Absence of security robustness
- Needs more time to initialize
- The loosely held abstraction layer
- Needs plenty of native workarounds
- Patenting & License issues
Differences between Reactjs and React Native:
- Reactjs can be illustrated as a base derivative of the React DOM, extensively used for the web platform. On the other hand, React Native is a base derivative on its own. This implies that the workflow and syntax stay the same whereas components changes.
- Reactjs uses virtual DOM for rendering browser code whereas React Native uses native APIs for rendering the components in mobile.
- For creating a dynamic, high-performance, and responsive UO for web interfaces, Reactjs is a good option. But if you want to employ native feeling to mobile apps then React Native is a better alternative.
- For creating styling, Reactjs uses CSS whereas React Native uses a stylesheet.
- If we need to build a performance-centric, dynamic, robust along responsive UI for web interfaces, then Reactjs is the best choice while if we need to give mobile apps a truly native behavior then React Native is the best option to choose from.